Lighting Class

January 13, 2010

I just finished watching the first lesson on Lighting by Rosanne Olson at the Creative Techs live web classroom. This week she went over using natural lighting for portrait photography. She is a fantastic teacher and I learned alot in just this one class. She recommended getting a stryofoam mannequin head to use for practicing lighting techniques. They are relatively inexpensive and allow you to learn how light falls on the human face. She spent a fair amount of time going over the importance of learning to identify the direction of light in photos. Mainly through the placement of catch lights in the eye and shadows on the face, specificly the nose. I was very interested in her discussions on using reflected to fill in the dark areas on the face for the proper effect. I can't wait to practice using a fill card to reduce the shadows. Can't wait for our next class!

I recently was chosen to join A-liya's CT team. I've always loved her work and I already have quite a few of her kits. I worked with her latest kit and finished up two pretty layouts. The kit should be coming out soon. I also did another two layouts for Sunflowers Designs, plus a bracket album for Creative Victorian Designs! Busy, busy, busy!!!

Hope you are having a warm sunny week!

No comments:

Post a Comment